Hello Friends !! Welcome to my blog where you can have a peek into my magical and wondrous world.
RSS

Friday, February 6, 2009

Cheryl Anne's CNY

Hello hello lovelies Deepest apologies over the recent lack of post..

Here is the good news...... I am back!!!


Anyway, it is the Chinese New Year season at the moment and that calls for a mega-sized celebration where us Chinese people perform our own version of balik kampung and play with our own mercun and recieve our own version of duit raya.
Being a Chinese, I did all of the above. The whole celebration starts with the reunion dinner in which the whole family (grandmas and grandpas and great grandmas and great grandpas) get together to eat like pigs.

Of course before you begin the eating-fest you should exercise so you don't end up looking like a pig. For those of you who are really stupid, this is optional please don't make the old folks exercise before the reunion dinner. After exercising you can try to pose like one of those Nike people before bathing so you can evaporate.




Finally, it is time to eat. All my relatives rush to the dining table excitedly only to be disappointed. My lovely grandma had prepared some very very un-delicious dishes.



Ahhhh I feel a sudden need to vomit.


My poor cousin concluded that Veggies= Yuck so he decided to stay away from them and just have water for dinner. So we decided to punish my grandma by locking her up.


Actually I was joking...


Some greedy people couldn't even wait for me to take a picture. They just had to start scooping food and ruin the photo.

After dinner, my cousins, uncle, mother, brother and I proceeded to play with firecrackers.
Not those giant ones in the sky, just the ones that spin around on the ground and some sparkles.

Oooooh so sparkleee!!



Whoa look at my right thigh. Doesn't it look plastic to you??

While we were playing, I decided to observe peoples reaction towards the fireworks...
some get scared...


some get bored....
and some just get stupider than usual.......
Next day, we went to visit our ancestors who were still alive.. but before we left, we took a group picture with all the cousins.
ooops someone is not looking at the camera..try again

Now no one is looking at the camera So we headed out to go visiting.

At first I wanted to let all the houses compete to see who had the best munchies. But to my horror, the houses didn't offer any food so my game had to be called off.


Perhaps they were all affected by that global economy thinggy. Where the shares all loose thier value and stuff become damn expensive.


Oh well.. My game will just have to wait.


Although my game didn't materialise, I did not start sulking like a dumb dumb but instead, I smiled went visiting. And I met some really old ancestors of mine..


That person up there is my grandfather's oldest brother. He is 90 years old and is still working.

This lady however is my grandmother's mothers sister. And she is going to be 89 this year.

I think I will probably live for a long time *claps hands and smiles* because living for a long time runs in my family..

Well thats mostly it. In my family, we don't gamble or do cool stuff like the other families. And besides, I only have 4 cousins.

Two from my mum's side....


and two from my dad's.


I honestly dread going to Ipoh. So I decided to skip the Ipoh part of my CNY celebration.


Wait.. wait..
Chinese new Year Parties are part of the whole CNY thing too.And CNY wouln't be complete without Aunty Janet's party.. Aunty Janet and her husband are freakin good cooks..
Just try to ignore the lightsaber and pretend it is a frying pan or spatula instead.


As for her husband, try to imagine him cooking instead of eating.



Are you convinced that they are good cooks ???



That person eating a stick is Aunty Sharon. She was probably a bit drunk thats why she is eating a stick.
Aunty Sharon : Mmmm this is really yummy!!


Aunty Janet : Errr, Sharon, You are not even eating anything.


Apart from the delicious food, it is also great fun..

Ooooh lets take jump shots...

Whats that thing at the side.. It'a a tiger.. It's a Lion... Oh it's Cheryl



PomPomPomPom.... Drummer Wannabes



Professional juggler



Acrobat/ Toe sucker


Maybe we should start a circus. After all, we already have drummers, Lion lookalikes, acrobats and jugglers and we can also have Cheryl-riding outside the circus


I absolutely love this house. mainly because of the amount and size of the mirrors in it...

I am going to punch your/my head off

I am sorry.. lets just kiss and make up.

Ahhhh I want to sleep

xoxo
Cheryl Anne

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: