Hello Friends !! Welcome to my blog where you can have a peek into my magical and wondrous world.
RSS

Friday, October 23, 2009

Le Meridien

Situated right in the centre of Kuala Lumpur, I expected Le Meridien to be some boring city hotel with a pool you might mistake for a bath tub..

Fortunately, I was wrong

Coconut trees in the middle of Kuala Lumpur? What happened to tanih beris?




And caves in KL???



Anyway, checked in at noon then had lunch at Latest Recipe, the coffee house. We helped ourselves to a wide selection of Japanese, Italian and Indian delights prepared a la minute.

You know how I'm always blabbering about how I feel a rush of happiness whenever someone smiles and treats me properly. Well that day, I was more than happy.The service there is impeccable. Apart from the chefs who smiled at us warmly, the waitress greeted my mother by name instead of the usual 'maam '..


Just in case you want to experience bad service, feel free to go to Essence at Sheraton Imperial.. Firstly, the waitress gave away our table because she was too cowardly to shoo away the 'ang moh' who probably sat there unaware that it was reserved. Instead of giving us another table for three, the idiot gave us a table for six!! She also took 10 minutes to pour a glass of water.

After lunch, and several inches wider, we went swimming in the large and uniquely shaped pool..



Swimming brings out the best in people. Even my usually grumpy and formidable looking mother had a smile on her face and was willing to pose for a picture.



Spot the similarities....


Nothing, not even the bad weather the next day could mar my joyous spirit..Ahhh what fun I had going on the slide and spalshing around like a little kid.


Tip for people going on slides, NEVER let anyone pull your hair while you are sliding down.. My brother and I decided to go down together but I somehow slipped and started sliding down..

"Wait, Cheryl !!", he called...

" Ahh nevermind we can try your stunt later", I said as I slid down due to Newton's law of Gravity..

"No" * grabs on to the part of me nearest to him, in this case, my hair*

Hmm.. maybe the slides weren't that fun after all


The next day, daddy and I walked over to Hilton to buy some breakfast from the bakery..


Macadamia Chocolate, Chocolate Chip and Blueberry.. Yummy but overpriced ( Rm 8 per piece)

We sat we sat by the window overlooking the palatial Muzium Negara, the romantic parkland, Taman Tasik Perdana and if you look from an angle, The KL tower standing proud and mighty in the heart of the city.


We got a tiramisu cake, complimentary of Starwood Priviliges




Just wondering..

The cake and most of the desserts at the buffet clearly contain alcohol but the restaurent is supposedly halal..Alcohol isn't halal, is it? And what happens if a muslim eats one of the desserts..Is he/she commiting a sin or are they allowed to sice they aren't actually aware that they are conssuming alcohol?

xoxo

Cheryl Anne

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: