Hello Friends !! Welcome to my blog where you can have a peek into my magical and wondrous world.
RSS

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Choir

I was sitting comfortably in class reading Harry Potter ( the new 'in' thing) totally oblivious to Norhayati's soporific voice when suddenly I hear a different voice.. "Those who are interested in joining choir..go to the bilik geografi now", Syann-Ee announces. Christine and I immediately jumped out of our seats and excused ourselves from Pn Clashing-color's class... Along with our "rombongan merdeka" we skipped through the corridors of SMK Bud4 with a look of pure joy plastered on our faces. We finally reached the room and plopped our big buttocks on the chairs provided.

While sitting there, I started reminiscing about the magical experience I had during choir.....About a year ago, Tyne and I decided auditioned for choir as an excuse to miss Jeet's slumber partay. I surprisingly got through the audition despite the awkward "blek" while I was singing scales.

Looking back..I cannot imagine how incredulously idiotic I must have looked when I started to hyperventilate when the teacher announced that I wasn't kicked out ( Pn gan tends to go a bit overboard when recruiting members. there are 60+ members in the team when only 35 are needed). Luckily Christine who was as pleasantly surprised as I was started shedding tears of joy which stole all the attention from my ridiculous hyperventilating.

We performed Tanah Airku and The Phantom of the Opera which we had practised till it was nothing short of perfect..Then we sat there watching other teams imitate those bobby-head figurines you can get at souvenir shops ( you should have seen the team which sang mamma mia!)

Finally, the moment we had all been waiting for...The Results!! When we herd that Catholic High School got third, we clapped tumultuously thinking we would emerge as the winner since we get second every year and Catholic gets first..

To my horror,the commentator announced that BU4 came in second, we had lost again..not to Catholic but to DJ

..."second again" and "It's a curse", I heard the my fellow BU4-ians mutter in a disappointed tone .




Group Picture!!! You would think we got first looking at the smiles on our faces..and Su Wee's hand..I wonder if Pn Gan purposely stood in front of me, obscuring my probably "kangkang-ed" legs knowing that I would do my "signature pose". Unfortunately, Pn Gan can't be at three places at the same time.


The Enemy (DJ) decided to be helpful and snap a picture for us.


Oh well.. Looks like those gruelling practices are going to start soon.. and this time Bee and Jeremy will be there!! Oh Joy!!

xoxo

Cheryl Anne

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: